Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.7.9, Minecraft 14w19a, Minecraft 1.8.2-pre6, Minecraft 15w37a, Minecraft 15w45a, Minecraft 1.9, Minecraft 1.9.1 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.9.1 Pre-Release 3, Minecraft 1.9.1, Minecraft 1.9.2, Minecraft 16w15b, Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 3, Minecraft 1.9.3, Minecraft 1.9.4, Minecraft 16w20a, Minecraft 16w21a, Minecraft 16w21b, Minecraft 1.10 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w32a, Minecraft 16w32b, Minecraft 16w33a, Minecraft 16w35a, Minecraft 16w36a, Minecraft 16w39a, Minecraft 16w39b, Minecraft 16w40a, Minecraft 16w41a, Minecraft 16w42a, Minecraft 16w43a, Minecraft 16w44a, Minecraft 1.11 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.11, Minecraft 16w50a, Minecraft 1.11.2, Minecraft 17w16a, Minecraft 17w16b, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 5, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 7, Minecraft 1.12, Minecraft 1.12.1, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 17w43b, Minecraft 17w45b, Minecraft 17w49a, Minecraft 17w49b, Minecraft 1.13-pre1, Minecraft 1.13-pre5, Minecraft 1.13, Minecraft 18w33a, Minecraft 1.13.1, Minecraft 1.13.2, Minecraft 18w43b, Minecraft 18w49a, Minecraft 19w05a, Minecraft 19w11b, Minecraft 19w12b, Minecraft 1.14.2, Minecraft 1.14.3 Pre-Release 2, 1.14.4, 19w37a, 1.15 Pre-Release 2, 1.15.2, 20w15a, 1.16.1, 20w27a, 20w29a, 1.16.2 Pre-release 3, 1.16.2 Release Candidate 1
Fix Version/s: None
Using items on mobs does not count as using them in either the statistics screen, or if a minecraft.used objective is created for them, even if using the item in other ways does count.
- Breaking blocks such as leaves and tall grass by left-clicking with shears is counted as using the item, but shearing sheep or mooshrooms or the head off of a snow golem with right-click is not.
- Eating food such as apples or carrots is counted as using the item, but feeding them to an animal is not.
- Feeding bones to wolves does not count.
- Using a saddle on an animal will not count as using the item.
- flint_and_steel is counted when right-clicking on a block, but not when right-clicking on a creeper, which causes it to detonate.
- Scooping up water or lava with a bucket counts as using the item, but milking a cow does not.
- Using a lead on a fence counts, but using it on a mob does not.
- Using a name_tag on a mob does not count.
- Using a spawn egg on the ground counts, but using it on a mob such as a cow to spawn baby cows does not.
- Using wheat_seeds on farmland to plant them counts, but feeding them to a parrot or chicken does not.
- Getting mushroom or suspicious stew from a red or brown mooshroom
- Using a golden apple to cure a zombie villager
- Equipping a chest on a donkey, mule, llama, or trader llama
- Using coal or charcoal on minecart furnaces
- Dyeing a sheep/wolf/cat
- Using an iron ingot to heal a damaged iron golem
- Using a gold ingot on a piglin for bartering.
- Using a water bucket to catch a cod, salmon, pufferfish, or tropical fish
This means that items which are only used by right-clicking on a mob cannot be tracked with a scoreboard, particularly name_tags and saddles.
- Change the name of a name tag
- Type this command /scoreboard objectives add NameTagTest minecraft.used:minecraft.name_tag
- Type this command /scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar NameTagTest
- Use the name tag with a mob
→ The scoreboard won't increase