Affects Version/s: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
Fix Version/s: 184.108.40.206
Platform:Windows 10 - PC
Having a layer of transparent blocks (such as glass) will prevent endermen spawning in on valid platforms below, even if the glass layer is much higher than the platform.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Travel to an area over the void in the end
- Set difficulty to Peaceful
- Place a single layer of glass at y100
- Place a single layer of end stone directly below the glass at y50
- Set difficulty to Hard
- Wait for mobs to spawn on the end stone platform
The glass prevents any spawning on the valid blocks below. Endermen will not spawn on the platform all the while there is glass above.
Glass should not prevent endermen spawning on valid blocks below.
Screenshots/Videos attached: Yes
Tested with other transparent blocks, they also prevent mobs spawning below: Leaves, pistons, fences, but apparently not bottom-half slabs (see