Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.8.1
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 8.1, Java 1.8.0_25
Steps to reproduce:
1) Connect to a server in servers list
2) When screen is 'frozen' after beginning to connect, quickly click 'direct connect'
3) Either connect to the server in direct connect, or hit cancel and join another server from the servers list.
(Note: if you are too slow, the game will finish the connection to the other server and you will see the server you originally connected to, and the bug will not occur. You must begin connection to the secondary server before the first connection completes.)
Effects of being connected to two servers include:
- Chat from both servers appearing in the chatbox
- Time being set from both servers, causing the world time to jump between the two server's values
- Inventory being updated if changed in the first server
- Game mode being updated if changed in the first server
- Position being changed if teleported in the first server
This cannot be abused by a server owner as it can only been done by the client.