Affects Version/s: 1.17, 1.17.1, 21w40a
Fix Version/s: None
A goat that is tempted by a player holding wheat while the goat is in the middle of a long jump does not move correctly after completing their jump. It essentially loses friction with the ground.
- Recreate the setup shown in the following image (different types of leaves used only to show size, but leaves should still be used when building the setup [any type]): MC-228273-setup.png
- Use a goat spawn egg to summon a goat on the block between the four rails
- Hold wheat in your hand, and make sure the goat is tempted (looking at you)
- Wait a minute, or until minecraft:long_jump_cooling_down is no longer existent in the goat's memory:
- Switch your selected item to something other than wheat, then switch back to the wheat after a second
- Wait until the goat jumps onto the second cobblestone block, and continue to hold the wheat
The frictionless goat, moving as if it is on ice, attempts to follow the player
After following the steps listed above, the goat should move normally, and should not move as if it is frictionless.