Score text components do not work with entity UUIDs and do not print the same error messages if multiple entities match a selector.
- Use the following command containing a score component
→ It prints "Selector '@e' found nothing"
- Use a different command which allows only one entity
→ It prints "Entity '@e' cannot be found"
- Use the following command to create an scoreboard objective
- Summon an entity with a defined UUID
- Set a score for the entity; you can use the UUID to identify the entity if you want to
- Use a command with a score component
→ It does not print the score
Based on 1.11.2 decompiled using MCP 9.35 rc1
The method net.minecraft.util.text.TextComponentUtils.processComponent(ICommandSender, ITextComponent, Entity) does not use the method net.minecraft.command.CommandBase.getEntity(MinecraftServer, ICommandSender, String), instead it partwise implements the behavior of this method itself.