Affects Version/s: 1.16.1, 1.16.40 Hotfix, 1.16.221 Hotfix
Fix Version/s: None
Platform:Windows 10 - PC
- Build a minecart track loop with enough activated powered rails to keep a minecart variant perpetually running.
- Place a minecart variant on the track start it running.
- Turn volume all the way up.
- Fly high up in the sky and listen for the minecart sound.
- Come back down.
- Fly out vertically and listen for the minecart sound.
After 16-32 blocks distance you would no longer hear the minecart sound. (Per comment on
MCPE-101200 minecarts can only be heard about 16 blocks away in Java Edition.)
You can hear the minecart running to an infinite distance vertically (I tested 1000 blocks) and within 4 chunks horizontally.
Minecart sound has no setting for maximum distance in the vanilla sound\sound_definitions.json. It appears that the 4-chunk horizontal range is a default because I tested on Sim6. This bug can be fixed by simply adding "max_distance" : 16.0, to the "minecart.base" section of sound_definitions.json. I have attached a resource pack with the fix: Minecart sound range fix.mcpack
When minecarts are set in motion, they produce a loud sound. But even when you go up 128 blocks into the sky, you can still hear them.