I found this really strange bug last weekend... first time I played MCPE multiplayer. The server host disconnected the game by exiting the MCPE app (as far as I remember) while the client was playing on his world.
What I expected to happen was...:
The client should show the Disconnected from server message, and reconnecting again when server was restarted would happen without any problems.
What actually happened was...:
The client did show the Disconnected from server message, but when reconnecting a clone of the connecting player would appear at the spot he was when he was disconnected. See details below.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a server on a device (iPhone used here) and connect to it with another device (iPad was client).
2. Exit MCPE on host's device. (Without quitting, as far as I remember.)
3. Wait for the Disconnected message on the client, then quit to title on that device too.
4. Restart the server on the initial host and reconnect the client.
5. Go to the last spot the client was at when he disconnected and you should see a clone.
- The clone appears on the connecting client only, not on the host client.
- The client shows a double login message when connecting, (one being Options set username, the other being "Stevie"), but only "Stevie" appears to the host.
- The clone does not obey to gravity.
- The clone is able to push around players who can see it, but the clone itself remains still.
: The cloned character to the left, and the world host to the right. The host is not able to see any person on any of the wooden planks.
: The double login message. They appear at the same time, but only the first one appears on the host's device.
: Another frozen clone client.
: The clone again.
: The clone does not obey to gravity.
: The clone not obeying to gravity again. Different angle and some more sand dug out.
What I think causes the problem:
- The problem seems to me to be server side. Exiting MCPE and opening it again will still show the ghost to the connecting client. Only way to get rid of it is to enter the "hotbar" by double-pressing the Home button and closing the MCPE app on the host's device (iPhone).