This affects local multiplayer. As far as I can tell this only affects the client. When you're playing with someone in local multiplayer and your device goes to sleep, upon wake the client will reconnect and the connected world will be inactive. The previous data packet that was received should now be false but still shows everything's relative position before your device turned off.
Steps to reproduce
- Host local multiplayer world.
- Connect as the client.
- Make sure the host's player is visible standing in front of the client's player in which connected to the world.
- Wait until the clients device goes to sleep.
- Move the host's player to a different position.
- Wake up the clients device.
- The client will now reconnect and the position of the host's player will be frozen as if they haven't moved since you reconnected.