18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 1.17.11 Hotfix, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 1.17.10, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 1.17.1 Hotfix, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 1.17.0, 1.18.2 Hotfix, 220.127.116.11 Preview, 1.18.12 Hotfix
Having a large number of animated terrain textures in the flipbook textures file drastically reduces the framerate.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Create a new world
- Observe the framerate at normal levels
- Re-load the world with attached flipbook performance addon
- Observe the frame rate is significantly worse
- Note that the flipbook texture file is very overloaded with textures just to prove that this has a significant impact on performance, most add-ons won't use this many but even add-ons only using a few seem to be impacted as well.
- Flipbook textures don't have a drastic impact on performance
- Using flipbook textures severely impacts performance