So I'm having this issue with Nether Portals linking. Put simply, the first time I go through the portal every time I log in (whether it's from the Nether side or Overworld side), it always creates a new one quite a ways away from the one I made. Every subsequent portalling after that always go to the correct Portals. So just the first use per session.
Details that may help:
- Overworld Portal (225, 61, 400)ish
- Nether Portal (23, 75, 51)
So by my knowledge, that is darn close enough for the game to find it everytime. Yet it has taken me to these locations..
- Nether -> Overworld (21, 64, 58)
- Nether -> Overworld (31, 78, 41)
- Overworld -> Nether (220, 64, 408)
As you can see, these are way off. How a Portal in Overworld at 221, 61, 400 ends up in the Nether at 220, 64, 408?
I've tried breaking and rebuilding, to no avail. Only thing I can think of is either this is a bug in current version, or bedrock isn't kind with custom Portals? My Overworld Portal is about 15-20 blocks tall, and 3 wide.
- Overworld Portal (Lower portion of Portal, Portal 20 blocks tall)
- Nether Portal
- Random Nether spawn after going through Overworld Portal
- Random Overworld spawn after going though Nether Portal
- Same as 4.
- An image of the upper half of Overworld Portal, for reference, in case a custom Portal is the issue.
Edit - My apologies, it seems the pictures were posted out of order. However I believe they can be made sense of regardless!
MCPE-115933 Portal takes player to same X,Z coordinates in Nether as were in Overworld