Affects Version/s: 0.13.0, 0.13.1, 0.13.2
Fix Version/s: 0.14.0 Beta 1
Platform:Tablet - iOS - iPad 3
Steps to reproduce:
- Build a structure shown in side-view.png and top-view.png but without the torch on the center block.
- Put the torch on the center.
- Two torches on the sides start flashing alternately.
This circuit deviates from the usual redstone mechanics in many ways:
- Putting a torch on the center block should play no role in the circuit because it has no adjacent redstone dust nor a solid block above. Then what did it do at all? I have no idea.
- Side blocks with flashing torches have no reason to be powered in this circuit. They are in fact not even weakly-powered. You can confirm this by attaching more torches to them; they will just stay active except for the flashing ones.
- If you replace the center block with a redstone lamp, the side torches no longer flash but the torch attached to the lamp keeps active. This is strange because lamps are solid and weakly-powered in this case.
An issue reported in
MCPE-11906 might have something to do with this. Both are about alternately flashing torches with no apparent reason.