126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 1.17.11 Hotfix, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 1.17.10, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 1.17.1 Hotfix, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 1.16.220, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 1.16.201 Hotfix, 1.16.210, 1.16.221 Hotfix, 1.17.0, 1.18.2 Hotfix, 188.8.131.52 Preview, 1.18.12 Hotfix, 184.108.40.206 Preview, 1.19.11 Hotfix
When making a block with custom block states, attempting to use them in places such as commands or feature placement, an error will occur saying the custom block state is not a valid block state.
We also can't use any vanilla block states except for the direction block state.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Download, install and start a new world with the supplied pack (experimental features and content log on)
- When loading the world you'll get an error saying that the vanilla_state block was unable to register engine Block Property
- This block is trying to use the vanilla state 'minecraft:pillar_axis' but the only vanilla state that works is 'minecraft:direction'
- Give yourself the grunt:direction_state block
- Note that placing the block against any surface orients the block as if it were a log
- Get another account in the world
- The client will only see the block in two directions
- Up and Down as this doesn't rely on the minecraft:direction state
- One horizontal direction
- It's as if clients register the minecraft:direction block state equal to 0 no matter what state the block is actually in
- Run the following commands
- Only the last command will work as custom block states can't be used by commands (with or without the identifier)
- Custom block states can be used in commands and features and we can use more vanilla block states than just direction
- Custom block states return errors when used outside of the block itself and using other vanilla block states makes the block fail to load