Please correct me if I'm missing something, but when creating blocks with different permutations, the block uses the loot table fine, but when mined with equipment enchanted with silk touch it drops a block that cannot be placed or dropped from the hand.
Is there a component in loot tables that specifies what should happen when the block is broken with Silk Touch?
Steps To Reproduce:
- Create a custom block with permutations and a loot table that drops an item
- Place the block in a permutated state
- Mine the block without silk touch
- The loot table will work
- Mine the same permutated block with silk touch
- You'll get an 'corrupted' block and the following error from the content log: '[Blocks][error]-Custom blocks only support default state when dropped. Consider adding a minecraft:loot component to make the dropped item explicit. Returning default state block.'
- Custom blocks have the ability to override enchantments like silk touch when mined
- Custom blocks break when mined with silk touch