Minecraft 1.8.8, Minecraft 15w42a, Minecraft 15w45a, Minecraft 16w04a, Minecraft 16w36a, Minecraft 1.11.2, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 17w45b, Minecraft 17w46a, Minecraft 17w47a, Minecraft 17w47b, Minecraft 17w48a, Minecraft 1.13.1, Minecraft 1.13.2, Minecraft 18w43b, Minecraft 18w43c, Minecraft 18w44a, Minecraft 19w12b, Minecraft 19w13b, Minecraft 19w14a, Minecraft 19w14b, Minecraft 1.14, 1.14.4, 19w44a, 1.15.1, 1.15.2, 20w08a, 1.16, 1.16.1, 20w29a, 20w46a, 1.16.5, 21w05b, 21w06a, 21w07a, 21w08b, 21w15a, 1.17, 1.17.1, 1.18.1, 1.18.2, 22w12a
In some cases items lose their data after they have been used in the world, e.g. by interacting with entities, see the lists below.
The game already has the functionality (e.g. NBT tags) required to solve these, but is not using it.
- Buckets turning into other types of buckets, by player or dispenser - Consider the implications on adventure mode and re-using buckets (
- Bowls filled from red and brown mooshrooms
- Glass bottles being filled
- Potions/water bottles and bowls after being consumed
- Potions/water bottles after being brewed
- Item given to panda by right clicking it
- MC-114461: Lava bucket emptied / water bucket filled in furnace
- MC-191591: Saddling horse
Changes (e.g. addition of NBT tags) are required to support these cases.