Please use picture attachment for reference.
What I expected to happen was...:
What I thought would happen was the piston wpuld be activated and push the redstone block to the other piston and then push it back.
What actually happened was...:
Placing a redstone block on the stone (stone and gold were place only as example and do not affect it) will cause both pistons to extend the retract and the block just placed disappeared. Placing then destroying a redstone block on the gold block caused both pistons to extend and retract rapidly about three times then stop.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Place two sticky pistons facing towards each other with three blocks in between
2. go back two blocks and place redstone in a line parallel to the pistons with the same size
3. place a block on the back of both pistons
4. connect the ends of the redstone line to on top of both blocks
5. put a redstone block in the center of both pistons
6. put redstone on the second block over from the redstone connected to the block (there should now be 4 redstone lines all seperated by one block
7. place another redstone block next to the piston on the left (the block will disappear)
8. place a redstone block in front of the right piston
9. destroy that redstone block (pistons will extend and retract rapidly)