Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.8.7, Minecraft 1.8.8, Minecraft 15w31c, Minecraft 15w32a, Minecraft 15w33b, Minecraft 15w34a, Minecraft 15w34d, Minecraft 15w35b, Minecraft 15w35e, Minecraft 15w36c, Minecraft 15w37a, Minecraft 15w38b, Minecraft 15w39c, Minecraft 15w41b, Minecraft 15w42a, Minecraft 15w43a, Minecraft 15w43b, Minecraft 15w43c, Minecraft 15w44a, Minecraft 15w46a, Minecraft 15w47b, Minecraft 15w49b, Minecraft 15w51a, Minecraft 15w51b, Minecraft 16w02a, Minecraft 16w07b, Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 16w20a, Minecraft 1.11, Minecraft 16w50a, Minecraft 1.11.2
Fix Version/s: Minecraft 1.13.1
So, really obscure bug... Basically, if you remove all references to fire_layer_1 from the model files, the "on fire" texture appears as a missing texture. The reason is likely since the game is no longer adding that texture to the atlas, so when the fire overlay tries calling it, it comes up blank.
The reason someone would remove references to fire_layer_1 in favor of a custom texture are as follows:
- Since that file is used for the fire overlay, replacing its usage with another texture allows the block to be independently textured from the overlay.
- If the resource pack uses only one fire texture, the author would not want to use two separate files, for the sake of efficiency
No, it is not. I know resource packs and block models very well and have checked for errors, and none exist. This is a Minecraft error
Also, all resource pack errors are always printed in the console log, and none are printed.
This can be be worked around by adding the texture to an unused "particle" tag, but really those should not be loading textures anyways, since the game never uses it.
To actually fix this, the texture should ignore whether it exists in a model file, and load anyways. Or, a more ideal solution would be the "on fire" texture always using the file from the "particle" tag of fire.
- Remove all references to fire_layer_1 from the block models in a resource pack, or use the resource pack download provided.
- Step into lava or fire (will have to be lava in creative mode)
- Notice the missing texture