Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.8.1
Fix Version/s: None
Windows 8.1; Java 1.8.0_25-b18
Put the summary of the bug you're having here
What I expected to happen was...:
I died from a fall to the ground in the Nether. Went back to retrieve my items.
What actually happened was...:
My items were nowhere to be found, No fire or lava was present so it didn't burn.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Hosting LAN survival game with 2 other ppl on "hard" setting.
2. They were in the over-world, I was in the Nether.
3. I fell from a high place and died.
4. Quit game out of frustration.
5. Restarted/reopened game 60 seconds later and returned immediately to place where I died, and no items were found.
6. Same thing happened 5 minutes later but died from zombie pigman instead of fall. Items once again were not dropped and/or recoverable.