Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.8
Fix Version/s: None
Mac OSX 10.6.8. The java version is not relevant, as this still occurs under multiple java versions.
I mess around with command blocks a lot, and so sometimes use TextEdit to type out longer commands. However, when I have a TextEdit window open in spaces, (A feature in Mac OSX that allows you to have multiple window groups to switch between) any text entry box doesn't work properly. When backspacing, it backspaces whole words rather than single characters, pressing the a key causes all text to be highlighted, the c key doesn't work at all, and other similar effects. This can only be fixed by closing the TextEdit window, and shutting down Minecraft entirely,
1. Have a mac.
2. Enable spaces through system preferences
3. Open a TextEdit window in a space other than the one Minecraft is in.
4. Type some stuff in the window, or try highlighting text.
5. Switch back to Minecraft.
6. Attempt to type "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" in the chat.
7. Witness the oddities that occur..