Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
Affects Version/s: Minecraft 14w30c
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Java Version - Java 7 Update 60 (64-Bit)
A strange bug which involves the Nether, specifically the Nether Portals. Sometimes upon loading into a world while in the Nether, only half of the portal will show. The remaining obsidian/portal blocks are completely gone (no ghost blocks, etc.), simply replaced by normal Netherrack.
What I was doing to achieve this...
- Went into the Nether for the first time
- Generation took a long time so I hit F3 + A to refresh/reload chunks
- The chunks loaded but I was then getting server-style block lag as a result of the generation taking such a long time so I quit out of the world while still in the Nether
- Loaded up the same world. Generation, once again, took quite a while
- For some reason, only half of the Nether Portal appeared.
World Seed - 114093887849088583
World Type - Customised (Ravines = Off, Biome = Roofed Forest, Dungeon Count = 100, Lava Lakes = No, Biome Size = 8, everything else is default)