A really minor annoyance, but strange nonetheless. Worth to investigate.
To reproduce :
- create a north/south railway (no need to be long or powered)
- put a minecart on it
- climb in the minecart
- make it move by pressing forward
- after roughly one second of movement, the player's head will turn spontaneously 45° east (right when running north, left when running south)
- do not happen on east/west railway
- happens only once on brand new minecarts
- happens only when minecart start to move
- not affected by view mode (F5), game mode, difficulty, etc.
I've seen this in every version as far as I remember. Maybe it is intended behaviour...
I will be perfectly ok if this is not corrected ...