Java 8, Windows
When removing a sound device (i.e. a USB Logitech headset) while the game is running, Minecraft does not switch to the default sound device. After removing the USB dongle, the sound does not come from the computer's speakers. When attempting to re-add the removed sound device, the sound still does not play out of either default device or re-added device.
The only way to resolve this issue is to restart Minecraft.
Anecdote: this probably affects when a new sound device is added as well, without removing the original sound device.
The sound will be playing through the (new) default sound device when the currently used device is removed from the system.
The sound does not come from the default sound device.
Steps to reproduce:
- Before starting Minecraft, add a sound device, i.e. a USB Logitech headset.
- Start Minecraft, and enter a game, notice that the sound is coming from the alternate device.
- Remove the USB sound device.
- Notice that the sound does not switch to the default device (the computer's speakers)
- Re insert the USB device.
- Notice that the sound now does not play out of the headset and the speakers