Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.7.9, Minecraft 14w20b, Minecraft 14w21a, Minecraft 14w21b, Minecraft 1.7.10-pre1, Minecraft 1.7.10-pre2, Minecraft 1.7.10-pre3
Fix Version/s: None
What should have happened was seeing full blocks. Not seeing through them.
What happened was a graphical error to where I couldn't see anything except lava, water, chests, signs, torches, redstone torches, all mobs, and players.
Steps to reproduce this bug/glitch have not been found. However extensive work has been done to try and fix it. such as...
1. Deleting and redownloading Minecraft.
2. Deleting all resource packs. (except default)
3. Opening the resource pack section in the menu may return it to normal for a short time or until a rendering error occurs or a block is broken.
4. This problem has not occurred in any mod pack I've used.
Things that happen in this glitch are...
1. Most blocks become transparent or invisible as do most items whether in inventory or on the ground.
2. Water and/or lava may also seem to disappear or flicker violently.
Best solution found for at least a temporary fix is having some water rendered that is not flickering, opening the resource pack menu in options-video settings, clicking "Done," and exiting the menu. This solution fixes the problem temporarily 90% of the time, but has yet to create any permanent results. Good or bad.
No other player I've contacted about this problem has it, so I assume it may be client side and has something to do with a rendering error involving water and lava. I have also considered it to be a problem with the resource pack folder in some way. I have not found a straight answer as to why it started, why it keeps occurring, or how to fix it. I am out of options, so I ask for help. I haven't been able to play vanilla Minecraft for approx. over 2 months without frustration and inconvenience because of this. Thank you.