Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.4.7, Snapshot 13w01a, Snapshot 13w01b, Snapshot 13w02a, Snapshot 13w02b, Snapshot 13w03a, Snapshot 13w04a, Snapshot 13w05a, Snapshot 13w05b, Snapshot 13w06a, Snapshot 13w07a, Snapshot 13w09a, Snapshot 13w09b, Snapshot 13w09c, Snapshot 13w10a, Snapshot 13w10b, Minecraft 1.5, Snapshot 13w11a, Minecraft 1.5.1, Snapshot 13w16a, Snapshot 13w16b, Minecraft 1.5.2, Snapshot 13w17a, Snapshot 13w23b, Snapshot 13w24a, Snapshot 13w24b, Snapshot 13w25a, Minecraft 1.6.1, Minecraft 1.6.2, Minecraft 1.7.4, Minecraft 14w05b, Minecraft 14w06b, Minecraft 14w07a, Minecraft 1.8-pre3, Minecraft 1.8.1-pre4, Minecraft 1.8.8, Minecraft 15w43a, Minecraft 15w43b, Minecraft 15w43c, Minecraft 15w44a, Minecraft 15w45a, Minecraft 15w46a, Minecraft 15w47c
Fix Version/s: None
Skeletons holding swords will not fight a mob that hurts them other than a player. Skeletons with bows, however, will fight other mobs back. This applies to Wither Skeletons too, since they share the same entity ID.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make a new Creative world.
2. Spawn a few skeletons (make sure its night).
3. Give some of them swords and leave some with their bows.
4. Spawn an Iron Golem near the skeletons.
5. Observe how the skeletons with swords do not look at the Iron Golem when it attacks them but the bow-wielding skeletons do look at it.