Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.7.2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Mac OSX - 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
Mac Mini - 2.3 GHz Core i5 - 2GB DDR3
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000 288 MB (integrated)
When playing survival single player, I always, at some point in the game, see random unloaded sections of the map.
Here is a list of some observations :
- Location and time seem to be random
- It can be either on a chunk not generated or an existing one
- It often is a couple of them side-by-side.
- Changing the orientation of the character doesn't affect it.
- Approaching the missing chunks make them suddenly and consistently appear.
- The distance at which it appears may vary, but it always is in the range of 1~5 blocks.
- Changing a video settings (ex: draw distance) seems to solve the issue by forcing the chunk to render again.
- When playing creative and flying, it seems to be more pronounced.
I attached a screenshot of a fresh new game, where you can see 2 sections of the map missing.
Side note (may be related): I observed that my maps are generating very slowly (this is a consistent behavior), usually between 30s a 1m for a render distance of 14 chunks, and this only for a single angle of view.