All of rain's effects in the game continued to be active even after sleeping and applying "/toggledownfall" multiple times.
I expected the rain to stop after the first time sleeping, but every effect was still present upon awakening. After /toggledownfall, it still was present and the effects were the same.
Steps to Reproduce: (This is what happened, not sure if it's able to be replicated)
1. Load a world (Mine had pre-snapshot terrain/chunks)
2. Wait for natural rain to occur
3. When night comes, sleep in a bed
4. Upon awakening, the sun should rise, but the rain will still be present
5. Turned on LAN world with cheats activated, and toggled downfall; the rain was still present.
6. Reload the world, and the rain instantly cleared up (like it was never there)
Both 3 and 5 were tried multiple times, without success