Windows 10, Java 17.0.3, 64-bit
When shooting a bow or holding/loading a crossbow in first person the held item in the other hand will not be visible while in third person it will show
How to reproduce:
1. Hold a bow/crossbow one hand and hold another item in the other.
2. Shoot/load it in first person view.
3. Notice that the other held item is hidden during the aiming/loading animation and stays hidden while holding the loaded crossbow.
4. Repeat 1-2 but in third person view.
5. Notice that this time the other held item is still visible which is strange as during the aiming/held animations some items appear to obstruct the player's view (even though it doesn't in first person).
The other held item will only be visible in third person view.
The other held item would be visible in first person (similar to the riptide trident animation), or would not render in third person as if the player put the item away temporarily since a bow/crossbow requires two hands (though this may conflict visually with the totem of undying's "held" requirement should a player be killed while drawing a bow).