Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.6.2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 7 x64 Pro
Java : J2SE 1.7.0_25
Game Status : UNMODDED
16GB PC3-12800 [4 DIMM]
GTX 560 TI
[[ UPDATE : 1.6.2 ]]
"Hot-Patching" a Resource Pack makes it unusable in until the Client Closes.
Same instructions as below, but without the crash.
If you "Hot-Patch" a Resource Pack, the Game Crashes when you try to render the new Data.
• Open Minecraft and Select a Resource Pack (Example "ZIP")
• Start a Single Player Game / Join Multiplayer****
• Edit a "Out-of-Folder" copy of Resource Pack.
• Copy new zipped file to Resource Pack directory (Confirm Override0
• Minecraft : Open Resource Pack Menu
• Select Default
• Wait for Workload to complete
• Select Zip Resource Pa-CCCCCRASH (Sad Faces all around)
• This used to work before 1.6
• My process / workflow for edits is this :
- Fire up Minecraft and look at Textures (usually in Flat World)
- Edit the files one by one as needed
- Re-Zip file in my Development Directory
- Copy Zip File to Minecraft Directory
- Switch to Default, wait a few Seconds, Switch Back
- View new Content
- Adjust as needed (Repeat Steps until pack is updated)
• Completely logging out and quitting the Game works, but the process is FAR to long, especially for super fast edits to tweak the smaller things (like Pixel adjustments)
• 2x Crash Notes Attached (Yes, my Resource Pack is called Zip until done and ready to be shipped).
[Resource File Notes]
• Textures Only (No Sound, Lang, etc)
• FileList Mirrors 1.6.1 FileList (Textures only)
• PNG Files are 32-bit/unCompressed
• If you need anymore data, let me know.