If you take a villager from a village to the nether, make him travel like 150 blocks in the nether and go back to the overworld, he then only wants to go back to his home, even if it's far far away.
It's actually funny to see him travel 1000 blocks to get back his bed, ignoring other villages on the road, but I think it's not a normal behaviour.
- Open a peacefull superflat world in creative (seed 6325876366459062975)
- Create a nether portal in the village near 317 / -227
- Create a portal in the nether 150 blocks away from the first (Go to the roof of the nether, it's easier)
- Put some fences around the corresponding overworld portal
- Go back to the village, take a villager with a job, make him go through the portal, and then to the other one 150 blocks away
- When in his new place, delete the portal to avoid him to go back to the nether
- He can't reset his job, he can't sleep
- Delete the fences
- He's now running to his village near 317 / -227
Please check this video that demonstrate this issue : https://youtu.be/Et_m-sB06B4