Animations dont seem to follow the same time frames they did in 1.5.2. I did use the TextureEnder.jar to get my 1.5.2 custom texture pack to work with 1.6 snapshots. It created .mcmeta extensions in place of the .txt files but it also seemed to have changed the timing between the animation frames.
i.e. I animated tall grass to "sway" in the wind using 3 frames, each frame was about a second apart going from left, to middle, to right, to middle, to left and now it follows that same pattern but its like theres an extra frame beteen the final frame and the repeat of the loop. this is consistant on all custom animated textures. original animations dont seem to have this issue.
Probably wouldnt be a big deal if I new how to fix these animations now that the file type has changed from the simple .txt file to these .mcmeta files (ive tried changing them to txt to edit but even the simple 0*5,1*6,0*4,2*6,0 whiere 0 is the regular position, 1 is the left posistion, and 2 is the right posistion, is now:
which to me should is missing frames. as my original had 5 instances and this clearly is only 3. And when I add a line to try and fix it the problem gets aplified (i.e. it leave a 2 second gap in the animation).