Uploaded image for project: 'Minecraft: Java Edition'
  1. Minecraft: Java Edition
  2. MC-172198

Resource pack download fail

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Resolution: Invalid
    • Affects Version/s: 1.15.2
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows 10, java 1.8.0_101
    • Confirmation Status:
      Unconfirmed
    • Category:
      (Unassigned)

      Description

      Hello, I am writing this bug here. I have a minecraft server that needs a resourcepack to be played correctly. But, since I went on 1.15.2 (and maybe before), everytime someone tried to join the server failed the download of the resourcepack. I tried to understand what happened and:

      • The server console only says that I failed the download of the resource pack (I asked my plugin to show this)
      • The client game output said different interesting things :
      • - First, it started with a NullPointerException : "Pack application failed: java.lang.NullPointerException, deleting file C:\Users\Arnaud\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\server-resource-packs\ffd25be8f81b306a2e3a6bc250ad02e39bdc6d68", and : "Failed to delete file C:\Users\Arnaud\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\server-resource-packs\ffd25be8f81b306a2e3a6bc250ad02e39bdc6d68: C:\Users\Arnaud\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\server-resource-packs\ffd25be8f81b306a2e3a6bc250ad02e39bdc6d68"
      • - Then, after changer a few times of resource pack host, I saw this : "java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 451 for URL: https://download.mc-packs.net/pack/----.zip" (I live in France, and the link does work when I copy-paste it). Maybe it would not work only in my country, but I am not sure.
      • Finally, when I took the old resourcepack without extention and put it back in server-resource---pack, it printed this : "File C:\Users\Arnaud\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\server-resource-packs\ffd25be8f81b306a2e3a6bc250ad02e39bdc6d68 had wrong hash (expected 0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a, found df72f9869fab5430d866e5c0cd4bbfd2de4c6337". I don't think this is really useful because I already knew the downloaded file was null but I don't really know how does sha-1 work, so I put it here anyway.

      So, I don't think this is a server or a host related bug because whatever website I try, it doesn't work. I hope this will be fixed really quick.

      Thanks,

      Phlayne

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            Unassigned Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Phlayne Arnaud Rougier
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: