Affects Version/s: 1.14.4
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Java version 8 update 171
I've been trying to revive a village that I found in the game this past summer and I've been noticing that my villagers have been disappearing without any explanation. I've idiot-proofed most of the caves and have recently been putting light sources around the village to decrease the amount of enemy mob spawns.
And while I've worked on improving the village, I have kept my small villager population locked up in a large church building with multiple beds and I keep the door blocked with dirt blocks to prevent them from wandering or getting lost.
But when I woke up during one in-game morning today and went into the building to check on the villagers, they had all vanished into thin air. The building is large enough that they should not have suffocated (see attached pictures) and there is no way for hostile mobs to enter into the building.
I want to say the issue might have happened after a seventh villager was created through breeding earlier today in my play session. If this bug keeps recoccuring, I might just give up on reviving this village altogether
I do not have any mods installed and am playing Minecraft in its vanilla form through the MultiMC launcher.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Find an empty village (or create one)
2. Make one large building with plenty of beds and one door
3. Obtain 7 villagers through curing zombie villagers, breeding existing villagers or spawning them
4. Block off the door from the front with dirt or cobblestone block to prevent villagers from exiting
5. Hang around the village, do landscaping and misc other improvements to village, being sure to go to sleep at night.