Affects Version/s: 19w41a
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Put your operating system (Windows 7, Windows XP, OSX) and Java version if you know it here
Hi! Not sure if this was a one-off weird thing that happened, but I'm reporting it anyway. I built a nether portal in a village in the latest snapshot, and something strange happened. I accidentally lit some grass on fire and was lit on fire as I was entering the portal.
What I expected to happen was...:
I thought it would just be a normal trip to the nether. I expected to just hop in and go mine some quartz and netherrack and stuff, and go back to the overworld.
What actually happened was...:
Instead of my nice, leisurely trip to play in the nether, once I entered the portal, I fell partially through the dirt under the portal. The village was high and dry on a savannah hill, so there was only dirt under the portal, but my vision started to bob like I was swimming, and only the head of my character was above the ground. I got out of the portal before it teleported me into the nether, and a few blocks away, I popped out of the ground. I went back in, and the same thing happened, but this time I didn't get out of the portal in time, and got teleported to the nether, where I fell the rest of the way through the floor upon entry and fell to my death, swimming in the air all the way down.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Build a nether portal with only dirt underneath it, ine block into the ground.
2. Before lighting the portal, light some grass directly in front of it on fire and step into that, setting yourself on fire.
3. Actually light the portal and step inside, while still on fire yourself. You should begin to bob.
4. Get out of the portal before you teleport and go a few blocks away. You should pop out now.
5. Now that you're not on fire (don't go into water), try to enter the portal again. You'll start bobbing. Don't get out.
6. Teleport to the nether and watch in confused horror as you bob and plummet to your death