Affects Version/s: 1.14.4, 1.16.4, 20w51a
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 10. Java Version 8 Update 221.
What I expected to happen was...:
Changing the chat scale by its 50%, expecting to have the half size of 1.0, 0.5.
What actually happened was...:
The scale number 0.5 has a variant of numbers after it that shouldn't be there and it makes the chat look distorted.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Join a world (not LAN or a server, because there the time keeps running even if you pause the game), type a sentence in the chat and send it.
2. Quickly after that go to Game menu.
3. Go to Options > Chat Settings.
4. At this point you should be able to see what you sent in the chat because of the menu transparency.
5. Put the "Scale" bar right in the 50% of it and dont release the click button.
6. Move your mouse slowly to the right or the left and look at the middle bar.
7. If you make it, you will see that bar actually moving, but the number 50% will not change.
8. So again, do the same thing but this time looking at the chat and you will see what i mean.
That little movement the chat does when you do that is because the numbers of the sizes programmed are misscalculated. So, if 100 is 1.0, 50 should be 0.5, but in the game its actually 0.5035211267605634, and that makes the chat have that messy and distorted looking when it's in other scale besides 100%.