Uploaded image for project: 'Minecraft: Java Edition'
  1. Minecraft: Java Edition
  2. MC-147783

Updating from snapshot 19w14b to 1.14 Pre-Release 1 corrupts certain villagers.

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.14 Pre-Release 1
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows 10 64-bit

      Java 8 update 201
    • Confirmation Status:
      Unconfirmed

      Description

      I updated a world from snapshot 19w14b to Pre-Release 1, and when I loaded a specific village a bit away from where I initially loaded into the world the game crashed cause of a ticking entity. The ticking entity that crashed the world was a villager according to the crash report. I then downgraded back to 19w14b to try to kill the villager, but that specific villager wasn't there, it was in some sort of invisible state, not visible or anything. So I tried to remove the villager through NBT explorer but the tile-entity file for the villager was nowhere to be found. After some time of troubleshooting I decided to try to delete the specific region file for that village. (r.0.1-mca) to force the game to create a new village. 

      After checking that the game properly remade those chunks in snapshot 19w14b I tried to update to Pre-Release 1. Then the incident occured again. A villager in the same village was corrupted and caused a crash. I then loaded the world in 19w14b and killed the specific villager that the crash report said caused the crash. Then reloaded the world AGAIN in Pre-release 1. Same thing, new villager was corrupted and caused a crash. 

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              Unassigned Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Slasko Saku Sainio
              Votes:
              2 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: