Minecraft 1.13.2, Minecraft 18w50a, Minecraft 1.14, Minecraft 1.14.1, Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 3, 1.14.4, 19w36a, 1.15 Pre-release 6, 1.15.1, 1.15.2, 20w07a, 20w09a, 20w10a, 20w13b, 20w17a, 20w18a, 20w19a, 20w20b, 20w21a, 20w22a
Entities, Player, UI
Having items in your main hand or offhand will consume, charge or use that item when opening the trading GUI with a villager.
- Summon a villager
- Run /effect give @s minecraft:hunger 5 255 (Only needed for food items)
- Pick an item from "Affected Items"
- Right click the summoned villager
- Wait (If the item is a food or potion)
→ You will consume, charge or use the item
- Food and potions (Causes you to consume the item)
- Fishing rod in main hand or offhand (Causes you to use the fishing rod)
- Trident in offhand (Causes you to charge the trident)
- Bow in offhand (Causes you to charge the bow)
See Minecraft 1.14 2019-04-26 01-12-38.mp4 if you have trouble reproducing.