I thought I needed a fast method of transport from my new house to my old house while I was building it, so I decided to make a sled using some huskies I found in a nearby Ice Plains biome. However, I soon discovered that the huskies (which I had attached leashes to) would barely move at all, and certainly could not transport my minecart and me to my house.
What I expected to happen was...:
The huskies would pull my sled and me to my house and act as a fast method of transport.
What actually happened was...:
The huskies remained almost motionless, and sometimes walked into my sled and actually pushed me slightly farther from my destination. My many attempts to use the leashes as whips for encouragement did not work, and even after shouting "Mush! Mush!", the huskies would not budge.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Find some huskies (wolves) in a Taiga or Ice Plains biome.
2. Tame them with bones.
3. Attach leashes to each of the huskies. Hold the other ends of the leashes.
4. Get inside a minecart (right-click).
5. Move the cursor up and down in a whipping motion. Optionally, press T and type "Mush! Mush!"
6. Be frustrated as the huskies fail to do anything whatsoever.