Minecraft 1.12.1, Minecraft 1.12.2
Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 (basically official variation of Ubuntu) with Java 9. Tested on Superflat worlds: Default setting and Redstone Ready setting.
Wolves' state becomes pseudo-death state when you kill it. It means, the wolves will in 'death' condition, but still technically alive.
The wolf should be in truly death state.
The wolf in pseudo-death state. Meaning, you can still hurt and adjust the posture, but the death animation freezing in the end.
- Prepare items: a wolf spawn egg, a sword with Fire Aspect II and a bone.
- Place the bone in the second welding slot (left hand if you're right-handed)
- Spawn the wolf
- Select the sword and hurt the wolf
- Click the bone immediately after hurting
- Click the bone again immediately when the wolf health near zero (or near death). You can use health meter mod to see the health of the wolf easily
- You should get the wolf in the 'dead' state. But, if you hurt it, it works. Also, the wolf position still can be adjusted with bone
I don't deobfuscate the source code, so I don't know exactly about the root of the problem
Initially, Minecraft assumes you are killing the wolf. But when you tame it, the health of the wolf expanded, resulting freezing of the killing process, meaning the wolf has been animated death animation, but still technically alive.
Sorry if this problem is duplicate of other problem, although I already searched the bug but no results. Thanks.
Due to bad internet connection, the screenshots temporarily minimized. I'll upload the full version soon.