Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.11.2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 10, Java 32-bit and 64-bit version 8, update 121
On my son's brand-new Asus ROG laptop Mincraft will not launch. The launcher starts successfully, downloads the game files, attempts to run the game, then crashes with the bad state exit code from above. Now that the launcher has been updated instead of seeing any error codes we instead see: GAME CRASH. An unexpected issue has occurred and the game has crashed. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
What I expected to happen was...:
I expected the game to launch successfully to the main menu.
What actually happened was...:
The game crashed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click "Play" in the launcher
Steps taken to Resolve:
1. Updated nVidia drivers on the laptop.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Java 32 and 64.
3. Completely deleted the Minecraft files and re-downloaded them.
4. Researched the bug online. We found lots of results, all of which talked about a VBO issue causing the crash. The problem is the options file hasn't even been created since the game has never successfully launched in order to create those files.
5. We copied the Minecraft files from my son's backups from his old computer, edited the options to disable VBO, and the game still crashed.