Based on 1.11.2 decompiled using MCP 9.35 rc1
Some file opening methods do not work when Minecraft is launched with a gameDir containing dots.
List might be incomplete
Last updated for 1.11.2
- opening screenshots (net.minecraft.util.ScreenShotHelper.saveScreenshot(File, String, int, int, Framebuffer))
- opening crash reports
- parts of realms (?) (net.minecraft.realms.Realms.getGameDirectoryPath())
- Create a profile with the following game directory
- Start Minecraft with the profile
- Take a screenshot and try to open it by clicking on the message in chat
→ The file is not opened
Additionally something like the following will appear in the Game Output of your launcher:
This happens because the affected methods call the method java.io.File.getAbsolutePath() for the screenshot file path which does not resolve dots. Instead the method java.io.File.getCanonicalPath() could be used.