Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w42a
Fix Version/s: None
/execute @p ~ ~ ~ tp ~ ~1 ~
don't work correctly (teleporting the nearest player one block up), but instead give out two error messages:
Player 'commands.generic.player.unspecified' cannot be found
`Failed to execute 'tp ~ ~1 ~' as <Player name>
where <Player name> is the @p player.
There are three bugs here, but if one gets fixed, the others become irrelevant:
- The command doesn't work like it would if it got executed from the player (which execute should simulate).
- The player name doesn't get put into the first error message. If the target selection for example meets an item, it gets displayed the same way as in the /kill feedback, but not for the player.
- There are two error messages for one error.
If the first one gets fixed, the other two get irrelevant.
Other examples are:
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ scoreboard teams join test
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ achievement give achievement.openInventory
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ clear
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ gamemode 1
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ kill
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ setworldspawn
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ spawnpoint
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ xp 1
- /execute @e ~ ~ ~ help shows the help to the player who executed the /execute command once per entity, not to the selected entity itself.
- /execute @e ~ ~ ~ seed shows the seed to the player who executed the /execute command once per entity, not the one selected entity itself.
- /execute @p ~ ~ ~ msg @p test shows <Player name> whispers to you: test and You whisper to <Player name>: test.
/msg @p test shows the error message Player 'commands.message.sameTarget' cannot be found. The same error message appears for every other entity with its UUID as player description.
- execute @p ~ ~ ~ publish works correctly.