Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.9.4
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 7 (fully updated), Java 8u91.
Hardware: AMD 4170, 16Gb RAM, primary drive is an SSD.
Server: Using .jar version downloaded from minecraft.net
When flying the player suddenly looses all momentum. As a result of having no speed, they stall and fall.
- This does not appear to be a stall, although it causes one: There is no leg movement prior to it happening, and will occur even at relatively steep angles of descent.
- This is noted primarily when flying long distances in relatively straight lines.
- On the server side, this loss of velocity is often accompanied by the following error: "[07:04:32 WARN]: player moved too quickly! -0.76424263494755,-2.1542786152011217,18.745712770032128
- It does not appear to be location specific. I cannot reproduce it in any specific spot, but it does happen reliably whenever flying far enough to cause chunks to load.
- This only happens when playing on a server. I cannot reproduce the bug when playing in singleplayer.
- Connect to a server
- aquire elytra
- climb something very tall
- jump off and establish a normal glide
- continue gliding in a straight line
- after a few seconds (when it starts to cause chunks to load), it should begin reseting the speed to 0 on a regular basis until flight has ended.
Flying through open air at a constant rate of attack sufficient to produce acceleration should result in a smooth, constant forward movement.