Affects Version/s: Snapshot 13w07a, Snapshot 13w09a, Snapshot 13w09b, Snapshot 13w09c, Snapshot 13w10a, Snapshot 13w10b, Minecraft 1.5, Snapshot 13w11a, Minecraft 1.5.1, Snapshot 13w16a, Snapshot 13w16b, Minecraft 1.5.2, Snapshot 13w17a, Minecraft 1.6.2, Minecraft 1.6.4, Minecraft 1.7.1, Minecraft 1.7.2, Minecraft 13w47e, Minecraft 13w48a, Minecraft 13w48b, Minecraft 1.7.4, Minecraft 14w05b, Minecraft 14w06b, Minecraft 14w07a, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w42a, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.13.1
Fix Version/s: 19w45b
Category:Lighting, Player, Projectiles, Rendering
If a player has an arrow stuck in them and switches to third person mode, the lighting of entities have a dark tone to them. In multiplayer, if any player has an arrow stuck in them, all players will see the lighting bug even if they are not in third person mode.
- Make a new creative world
- Equip yourself with diamond armor
- Spawn a skeleton (make sure it's night) and spawn a pig to compare the lighting
- Switch your gamemode to survival and switch your view to third person using F5
- Once a arrow is attached to you, you will see a lighting bug on the pig, and to a lesser extent, the skeleton.
The first picture shows how a pig looks with arrows stuck in me. The next one show how the pig looks without the lighting bug.