Affects Version/s: 2.1.5385-2.1.5387
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200 CPU @ 2.20GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00GB
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
OS Build: 18362.239
**I created a local user account on Windows 10 (1903) where the username was just a single unicode character (☃). This resulted in the user's home directory becoming `C:\Users\☃\`.
After installing the launcher and downloading the latest Minecraft (1.14.4), the launcher fails to launch the game.
When the launcher fails to launch the game, A dialog box shows up with "An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed...", clicking on "View crash report" does not do anything.
- Create a new account in Windows 10
- Family & Other users
- Add someone else to this PC
- The person I want to add doesn't have an email address
- Add a user without a Microsoft account
- For the username insert the snowman emoji ☃.
- Press [Start] + [.] to bring up the emoji panel.
- Search for "snowman"
- Press [Enter]
- Leave the password blank and continue
- Switch to the new ☃ account
- Click on Start
- Click on your user Icon
- Select the ☃ account
- Open the Minecraft Launcher
- Install and launch minecraft
- Observe that the game failed to start and the launcher does not have any crash logs.
By enabling the output log in the settings, I can see that the game almost started, but fails with Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.main.Main
I hope this helps