Affects Version/s: 1.16.1
Fix Version/s: None
There is an intermittent UI bug with renaming maps at a cartography table that prevents the user from completing the action.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Move a map to the appropriate well by hovering over it and pressing Y. (I noticed this with zoom level 0 plain maps, but the type of map doesn't appear to matter.)
- Activate the text field using the left stick and A.
- Enter the new name of the map. The text doesn't appear to matter. In my case, I used a USB-attached keyboard (Logitech K360 wireless with Logitech Unifying Receiver dongle) to enter the text, then pressed ESC on the keyboard to close the keyboard dialog.
- Move the left stick toward the right-side well to pick up the map, or
- Use the D-pad to move toward the right-side well, or
- Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move toward the right-side well
The renamed map icon will highlight, allowing the user to move it back to their inventory, e.g., with Y.
Intermittently, upon the pointer entering the bounds of the right-side well, the cartography dialog will close and the player avatar will move backward slightly, or to the side if the avatar is hard up against a block behind them. The rename operation will not complete. If the user attempts the process again with the same map, the issue may recur indefinitely. Attempting to rename a different map may succeed; the user can then subsequently rename the original map without issue.
It would be useful if there were a keypress in this dialog that would immediately complete the rename operation, return the map to the user's inventory, and close the dialog.