Affects Version/s: 1.16.220, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 1.14.60 Hotfix, 1.16.0, 1.16.1, 1.16.10, 1.16.20, 1.16.40 Hotfix, 1.16.100, 1.16.200, 1.16.201 Hotfix, 1.16.210, 1.17.0, 1.17.2 Hotfix
Baby Sea Turtles are despawning when I travel more than 24 blocks away.
- bred sea turtles at far away beach and harvested eggs
- brought eggs back to base to build a farm - made sure entire farm is inside a chunk before I started build
- placed hopper minecart (with one hopper underneath track to move items to chest) on a 5x5 track with sand above track
- built a 2 high glass wall with fence on top of glass around 5x5 area - only way to get in or out of this area is to break fence and a glass block
- placed eggs on sand - AFK'd during the night a few nights to get eggs to hatch
- eggs hatched overnight - took a moment to kill hostile mobs, collect drops and experience.
- returned immediately to turtle farm - baby turtles are gone
- tried again - fed baby turtles sea grass to turn them into adults before I went to collect drops and experience from hostile mobs. Adult turtles are still there when I return and scutes were collected, but still need more
- tried again - did not feed baby turtles before I left to collect drops to see if problem happened again. Same issue, baby turtles despawned.
TL:DR - if you feed baby turtles sea grass to grow them into adults the adults won't despawn but the babies will when you walk more than 24 blocks away.