Affects Version/s: 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 1.14.60 Hotfix, 1.16.0, 1.16.1, 1.16.10, 1.16.20, 1.16.40 Hotfix, 1.16.100, 1.16.200, 1.16.201 Hotfix
Fix Version/s: None
Baby Sea Turtles are despawning when I travel more than 24 blocks away.
- bred sea turtles at far away beach and harvested eggs
- brought eggs back to base to build a farm - made sure entire farm is inside a chunk before I started build
- placed hopper minecart (with one hopper underneath track to move items to chest) on a 5x5 track with sand above track
- built a 2 high glass wall with fence on top of glass around 5x5 area - only way to get in or out of this area is to break fence and a glass block
- placed eggs on sand - AFK'd during the night a few nights to get eggs to hatch
- eggs hatched overnight - took a moment to kill hostile mobs, collect drops and experience.
- returned immediately to turtle farm - baby turtles are gone
- tried again - fed baby turtles sea grass to turn them into adults before I went to collect drops and experience from hostile mobs. Adult turtles are still there when I return and scutes were collected, but still need more
- tried again - did not feed baby turtles before I left to collect drops to see if problem happened again. Same issue, baby turtles despawned.
TL:DR - if you feed baby turtles sea grass to grow them into adults the adults won't despawn but the babies will when you walk more than 24 blocks away.