Expected Results: Zombie villagers would count toward either the surface or cave monster population control cap depending on where they spawn.
Observed Results: Zombie villagers do not count toward either population control cap, no matter where or how they spawn.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a spawn testing world with 2 1-chunk platforms in the middle of spawn-proof 9x9 chunk area. Set up one of these platforms as surface and the other as cave.
- Set time to midnight and turn off the daylight cycle.
- On either platform, collect zombie villagers in either of 3 ways:
- Wait for them to spawn naturally, killing other monsters to keep the density caps open.
- Spawn villagers with spawn eggs and allow them to be killed by zombies or drowned on normal or hard difficulty.
- Spawn zombie villagers directly with spawn eggs.
- Kill all other mobs on both platforms, except the zombie villagers.
- Move at least 24 blocks away and wait for natural monster spawns.
- Eventually, 8 new non-zombie-villager monsters will spawn on each platform (surface and cave).