After uploading custom skins in the game, launching a world, and having multiple users connect to it via LAN, players do not see the proper skins each user has selected.
The scenario pops up in a combination of the below:
- When the owner of the world views other players, they all have the owner's skin.
...and one of the following:
- When other players view themselves, they have the owner's skin.
- When other players view another player, they have the viewing player's skin.
Several points of interest:
- It seems to be related to whether or not each user has selected the Slim vs Standard character frame. If they are different frames, the issue does not occur.
- With 3 or more players, this cannot be worked-around.
- With 3 or more players, preference is given to the user who connected to the owner's world first. This user's skin will be worn by all users with the same size frame on the LAN world.
- If a player uses the native skin editor, there is no skin-swapping problem for this user.
This was a difficult issue to map out as it's quite complex in its nature. I have searched for this issue, but have not found one. It's been occurring for weeks now, ever since the large skin update was rolled out.