Affects Version/s: 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 RTX Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 1.14.30 Hotfix, 1.14.60 Hotfix, 1.16.0, 1.16.10, 1.16.20, 1.16.42 (PS4), 1.16.40 Hotfix
Fix Version/s: None
Slabs appear 1-2 light levels lower than surrounding full blocks, stairs etc.
Steps to Reproduce (Slab):
- Place a full block and upper slab of any type side by side
- Note that the slab appears darker than the full block
- Place a torch on the slab
- Note that the slab brightens to match the full block
Steps to Reproduce (Stair):
- Place 3 full block towers 1 block apart (smooth sandstone works best)
- Place stairs in between to make a square (like many window designs - example below)
- Note that the stairs appears darker than the full block
Note: Smooth sandstone is apparent at all times of day however my testing showed that all stair types are affected but most only show at night. Example below.
What I expected to happen was...:
Slabs, stairs and full blocks should react to ambient lighting in the same way.
What actually happened was...:
Slabs, stairs and full blocks each react differently to lighting causing them not to match.