22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 1.14.30 Hotfix, 1.14.60 Hotfix, 1.16.1, 1.16.40 Hotfix, 1.16.200, 1.16.201 Hotfix, 1.16.221 Hotfix
Sleeping in a bed while standing in a Nether portal can move the player thousands of blocks when returning to the over world, depending on how far the player is from spawn.
- Set "Show Coordinates" to on.
- Build a Nether portal more than 256 blocks from origin (0, ~, 0) in the over world, with the base obsidian at ground level.
- Place a bed along side the portal so that it is next to the portal blocks, within reach of the player.
- Enter the portal to make sure a new portal is created in the Nether.
- Return to the over world.
- Be sure you are in Survival mode.
- Wait until it is night.
- Enter the portal and click the bed.
- When the player wakes up they will find they are in a new portal at the same coordinates as their new over world spawn point, except in the Nether.
- Leave the portal for a few seconds for portal cool down.
- Return through the portal to the over world.
Expected: Player should leave the portal and sleep.
Actual: The portal sequence continues while the sleep sequence also plays. Then the player is placed at the newly set spawn point, except in the Nether, in a newly created Nether portal frame. Returning through this new nether portal will take the player 8 times the distance from their spawn point in the over world.